1) Chapter 8 Review on p. 483: complete 1-11
2) Graded Problem write-up
Smart Pilot, MYP Criteria D Problem Write Up
- Question: How would a pilot plot a rudimentary course between two points using trigonometry to determine the correct bearing and flight duration?
- Find two cities and determine the distance and bearing from one to the other (as the crow flies)
- Find the airspeed of a plane
- Find a wind speed and bearing that you think would be reasonable (may not be in a nice line with your plane)
- Determine the bearing which the pilot should follow, the duration of the flight
- Present your work and explanation [Graded on Criteria D] Due on Tuesday
Assignment: Proportion & Reasoning, p. 560: 1-18
There was no HW yesterday, but we started 7.5 Set/Go. Today we reviewed some explanations/geometric proofs and took some notes on triangle congruence. Students should be in the habit of drawing diagrams to represent information (when there is not a diagram present)
Assignment: Complete 7.5 Task + RSG.
Tuesday, 25 April 2017
For example, the two circles described on the wall of the classroom in tape represent the size of a 1cm thick dum-dum which would be needed to contain the sugar consumed and recommended for consumption by the average teenager in a year. The question is which circle is recommended and which is consumed??
Assignment: 8.7 on p. 480: 1-7, 11-14 + 8.7 practice problems from packet.
Assignment: Create 3 test cases, write a conjecture and prove it — aka complete the "Cyclic Quadrilaterals" investigation (from handout)
Monday, 24 April 2017
Saturday, 22 April 2017
1) 8.6 on p. 472: 1-9, 15
2) Read 8.7 on Law of Cosines
3) Complete 8.5/8.6 practice problems from packet